sábado, 26 de abril de 2008

April 24th: Gymnastic Fallout

Ignacio and I started our first gymnastics course together--“Tumble-tots”. Ignacio seemed distracted during the class. He seemed more interested in the other kids than in the activities at hand. Of course he also went to his fallback activity when he didn’t know how to do the physical challenges: he went to the door and swung it open and closed. However, Ale and I have noticed that the character of his play at home has changed after just two meetings of Tumble-tots. The other day Ignacio climbed up on the coffee table and shouted victory like Julius Caesar after conquering Gaul. Today he stopped eating lunch to bear crawl under the table and under his highchair. Once he did that I understood why yesterday he went wild pointing to a drawing of a child crawling through a tunnel in his book called Im Kindergarten.