martes, 14 de septiembre de 2010

“I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY SURGEONS!”

That’s Mike joke, as he reflects on all the people wearing face paper masks. It’s probably a third of the people who cover their mouth while on the streets, especially if they are riding a scooter. They believe it prevents breathing in pollution and germs. Also if they are a little sick, they believe it’s only polite to wear a mask. Talking about people riding scooters, besides the mouth mask and the helmet, they all wear a jacket or long sleeve shirt with the back in the front and the opening to the back. They have told us that it’s to protect them from the wind and the sun… I have never seen that! Even in Salto or Rome, where there are tons of scooters and very hot summer days. Another way older women protect their skin is by wearing light colored false sleeves, with and elastic on both ends (I don’t know if there is a word in English for it, in Uruguay we use them in kindergarten, to avoid getting our uniform dirty).